Job Title: Box Office Associate
Job Status: Part-time, 20 – 25 hours per week, non-exempt
Reports to: Box Office Manager
General Description: This position requires handling box-office activities, such as patron inquiries and fast-paced night-of-show customer service. This job requires a commitment to work evenings and weekends. It is most appropriate for those who have the confidence to manage large crowds and know how to address patron concerns in a friendly and professional manner.
Box Office Duties & Responsibilities:
- • Handle cash and check transactions to complete ticket.
- • Reconcile sales receipts and cash at end of each shift.
- • Maintain an up to date ‘Comps’ list.
- • Field patron inquiries by phone and in person regarding ticketed events, as well as programs taking place in all areas of The Dairy.
- • Coordinate night-of-show box office activities with House Manager and theatre/event contact personnel to facilitate event.
- • Assist in overall Box Office, as well as Dairy Center, functions.
- • Previous Box Office experience preferred, previous customer service required.
- • Successful candidate must be detail oriented and have the patience to complete repetitive tasks
- • Be able to make change and handle cash sales efficiently and correctly under pressure.
- • Possess excellent Customer Service, as well as superior phone presence.
- • Ability to manage and control large crowds with authority and confidence.
- • Ability to anticipate problems and respond to patrons’ comments/complaints in a polite and professional manner.
- • Ability to work independently, and problem-solve.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- • Willingness to work flexible schedule, including day shifts, nights, and weekends.
• $8-$10/hour depending on experience
Please respond email@example.com with resume, and three references available on request.
The Dairy is a 501(c)(3) arts organization based in Boulder, Colorado.
The Dairy Center for the Arts is always keeping an eye out for exceptional talent to join our team. We often hire part-time staff to help with box office, concessions sales, and house management.
If you are interested in being a member of our growing arts complex Send Us Your Cover Letter and Resume. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Concessions
Handles concession sales using computerized sales system in fast-paced customer service environment. Knows and enforces Dairy Center policies. Available to work very flexible schedule to include daytime, evening and weekend hours. Time commitment varies with events schedule, approx. 2 – 15 hrs/wk. Energetic, outgoing, patron-engaging demeanor is required. To do this job well, one must possess excellent situational awareness, the desire to serve all customers with a smile, the ability to juggle several duties simultaneously and have proficient cash handling abilities.
Compensation: $10/hr to start
Requirements & Qualifications:
- MINIMUM one-year previous experience in customer service position, preferably in a retail or food service environment.
- Ability to respond consistently to patron requests in a professional & effective manner.
- Ability and enthusiasm for working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and initiative in stressful or emergency situations
- Ability to prioritize tasks and problem-solve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make change and handle cash sales correctly under pressure.
- Math aptitude to include basic computation skills
- Basic computer skills with windows operating systems and touch screen point of sales systems.
- Willingness to work very flexible schedule, as described above, sometimes until 11pm
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, move and set up chairs & tables for events.
- Belief in the mission of The Dairy Center for the Arts
Submit resume, and a brief cover letter to: Tomas@thedairy.org.